After a kitchen or a bathroom remodel, homeowners often choose their floors as the next remodeling project. Homeowners are still choosing tile over other floor options, but the designs are much more diverse today than many years ago. Carpet is also a popular choice to cover those dated wood floors, but some homeowners choose to install new hardwood because of the durability of this type of flooring. There are a few things to consider before deciding your tile or flooring needs because costs vary depending on the kind of material you choose.
- You may need floor underlay which typically runs between $.20 and $5.00 depending on the material you choose.
- If you want wood floors, you could pay around $4.00 to $12.00 per square foot. You might just decide to refurbish your floors which can be considerably less to refinish and stain them.
- If you want laminate, it is considerably cheaper and typically runs between $2.00 and $4.00 per square foot. Vinyl costs between $3.00 and $5.00 in materials.
- Tiles that are man-made can cost between $6.00 to $8.00 for porcelain and $3.00 to $5.00 for ceramic. Marble can run as high as $15.00.
- Carpet costs between $3.00 to $4.00 per square foot.
- There will be installation costs, so you want to consider your budget because it is measured by square footage as well.
When thinking about redoing your floors, a remodeling expert is an ideal choice to ask about products, services, or rehabbing in choosing the best choice for your budget and style. If you want to find an expert, simply search online for tile experts near me or flooring experts near me. You can also use this method to compare pricing, too!